Thursday, August 6, 2009

You shouldn't have to be rich to enjoy the comforts of clogs!

Web Site Counter

Free Counter

Being responsible is hard work, and as you can tell I am always on the quest to be more responsible. I also strongly believe that there are always forces at work that try to thwart my responsibility attempts. The lack of updates proves my irresponsibility. But that is neither here nor there. Well it's partly here and partly there....well ok, it's at least relevant to my story.

I was on my way to mail a package with my friend Kim. I was walking there and she was more of hobbling. Poor Kim, she broke a bone in her foot and is now in this boot. She needs to find a pair of clogs, well mostly just a clog vs a pair, and so together we were off to mail a package and then clog shop. I was unable to ship my package because they wanted to charge me 10.00 and told me if I went to a post office, I could send it for about a 1.00. Well fuck. The post office really wasn't that close, but I give myself an A for effort at trying to mail a present that is already 3 weeks late. So now we walk/hobble to the clog shop.

So here were are in a store that is literally nothing but clogs. It's amazing and a little slice of heaven. There are cute clogs, hideous clogs, animal clogs, clog sandals, clog boots, the list could go on! We begin to search in earnest for a clog that will give Kim's foot just the right amount of height to match her boot and so that she can walk easier. We found some cute ones on the rack that are 50% off. JACK POT! Oh wait, it's 50% $225.00. Well that sucks. We find another pair and they're not on sale, but they're still $250.00!! I'm completely astounded. Since when did clogs become do damn expensive? While I'm becoming more and more upset by the rising prices, Kim is looking at a cow hide model of clogs and is exclaiming that if she has to spend this much money on clogs then everyone is going to be forced to look at her cow foot. Unfortunately, this story doesn't have the happiest of endings.

The staff isn't very helpful and Kim did try on a few pairs. None of the clogs were the right height and who cares if they were. I think paying that much money for shoes is a crime, no matter how much I do love clogs. Clogs should be affordable enough that someone like Joe the Plumber can enjoy a pair to clog around on beaches, canyons, and who knows where a clog adventure can take you! I think we should all campaign to bring the prices of clogs down for once and for all! Forget rising gas prices and unemployment rates! I refuse to be charged this kind of money for comfort!

Then again, I could just go to Marshalls and get another pair of clogs that costs only 40.00. Well, maybe I could still do a clog crusade, but that would require some effort and a pinch of responsibility. So we'll see how that pans out...

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad kim didn't buy cow clogs.

    just wait for shuz of davis to have a sale... you know... upscale clogs for $60-$100. that's a reasonable price i think... for the joy & comfort of well-made clogs!

    see you soon! i'm taking a sick day today.
    achoo!!

    rita

    ReplyDelete