Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Clog Query

My first clog query! Well Whitney, thank you for your question, the clog blog appreciates your readership and hopefully you will come to own your own pair of clogs in due time. Now to your questions:

What makes owning a clog so special? There is soooo much to tell here! So I'll try to keep it brief. Clogs are not like any other type of shoe that you've put on your feet before! They are as comfortable as a sneaker but the looks of a classy boot. They can be worn to work or out on the town. Dressed up or down, clogs can always be right!

So with clogs being unlike anything you've ever worn before, then of course adventures are different! I think clogs are a little more risky than some other shoes. They lack ankle support as well as having a bit of heel (even though it's thick. any heel + no ankle support = potential hazard). This can make certain activities a little more dangerous, so to speak, cause you could sprain an ankle! I like to think of people who own clogs are the quiet confident, risk taker sorts. Because we like to be comfy, but we don't like to play it safe.

Clogs are the mullets of the shoes, but more fashionable! It's all casual and confident in the front, but pure adventurer in the back! Us Cloggers don't mess around or play it safe! I have had my share of adventures in other shoes, but in those adventures, I've never paid attention to the shoe. Whenever I have had adventures in the clogs, however, the first thought that came to mind always, was, " I can't believe I am doing this in clogs!". It was always about the shoe.

I hope this helps to answer your clog queries. But to be honest, the only way to really understand the magic that is the clog, is to go out and buy your own pair to see how truly great they really are. I don't start blogs on just anything I like, so that shows you how powerful my love for this type of shoe is!

4 comments:

  1. I'm confused by your avatar picture... there's a shoe there that clearly has a back. Are there clogs with ankle support?! Please help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real Clogs don't have backs. :)Except for maybe the ones that they use over in Holland, but those are practically impossible to walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. High heels don't have ankle support either, I would think that this puts them in a higher risk taking category. In fact you may say that adventures in high heels are highly risky and very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. me=rita
    whitney MAY NOT know this, but i get in a clog accident practically every week! there is a whole lot of comfort going on so you are off guard... then when you least expect it, the ankle twists! you're just walking & then you practically fall sideways out of your shoe because you don't have a back & you're 2 inches off the ground! I totally get the 'quiet risk taker' bit.. that is exactly what's going on. YET, it is all worth it for the comfort of the clog! It's like an abusive relationship that you are in... FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

    (achoo)

    ReplyDelete